Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Thing Even My Friends Don't Know...

By Jennifer Poenix

This Saturday on "Between You and Me" with Heidi Holtan, we're reprising last week's topic since Heidi had a bad case of laryngitis. We're asking you to tell us one thing about yourself that even your closest friends don't know. I think it's good we've had an extra week to think this over. There are some things about ourselves we don't necessarily wish to share, but if we think about it hard enough, there's probably something we can tell KAXE's audience.

My thing is that I often get teary-eyed while watching Sesame Street. There I said it. See? It's not so bad to share these things.

I love watching Sesame Street, Old School (Volumes 1 & 2) with my four year old son. He seems to get just as much enjoyment out of the show as I do.

 What he doesn't notice, is that sometimes I have to blink back tears. 
I think I get emotional because watching Sesame Street brings me back to such an innocent, happy time. Sitting on the living room floor, with my daycare friends, laughing our heads off, and then, when the show was over, "falling" down the basement stairs just like the baker in the counting song.

Also, some of the clips are just so darn sweet. For example, here's one that never fails to get my water-works going:



That yarn ribbon in the girl's hair! The way they plaster the posters everywhere! The lady who finds Ace! The happy reunion between Ace and the kids! The boy saying "Where were ya?!"  *sniff*

I hope you'll share something with us this Saturday, on "Between You and Me," from 10-noon.




No comments: