Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Music: 2012

by Maddi Frick

The earth is warming, the crows are awake way too early and it's summer 2012.  I'm eagerly consuming new music at an alarming pace.  After being devoid of new music the past new months, the avalanche at the KAXE studios makes me giddy.  So to inhale even more, let's see what else is coming these next few sunny months.

Fiona Apple | Alanis Morissette

For some reason, these two are always combined in my mind.  Maybe it has something to do with their music videos.  Fiona's album, The Idler Wheel, the first in 7 years, releases in June.  Alanis's album, Havoc and Bright Lights, won't release until late August.


Tallest Man On Earth

 Releasing in June, TMOE's There's No Leaving Now is one album I will buy/download immediately with no preview.  Just give me more. 

Maroon 5 

Sue me.  I like Maroon 5.  A lot.  Coming out in June, Overexposed will hopefully give us more pop hits to sing along with in the car.  And I can't wait.  

Glen Hansard

He's Irish!  He was in a movie!  I bet you've heard him before.  And that movie Once?  It's a broadway musical now.  This is his first solo album- Rhythm and Repose releases in June.

Passion Pit

 I really like some of Passion Pit's songs, and I really don't like some of their songs.  Hopefully Gossamer will provide a few hits to fall in love with.   Releases in July.


50 Cent | Chris Brown | will.i.am | Flo Rida

If you don't like hip-hop, this is a warning.  If you love hip-hop, I think you'll be happy.  In a span of 4 days, right before July 4th, 4 major hip-hop players will all have albums releasing.  That's a lot of hip-hop music.

No comments: