Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It’s like Ani DiFranco, but from Tamarack, MN...

by Doug MacRostie

Coming up tomorrow night on Centerstage Minnesota (Thursday nights at 6pm on 91.7 KAXE, www.kaxe.org) I'll be talking with singer songwriter Alia Farah.

Originally from Tamarack, MN, she now operates out of Portland, OR and has a very intimate and creative style of writing lyrics and music. Her album "Playgound" has a lot of great songs on it - they make me think of Ani DiFranco - that open "roomy" kind of recording (where you can hear every breath, tap and strum), clever and dancing lyrics and unique melodies that really give each song a personality of its own - I'll be talking with her about that album, and what she is doing now in Portland.

She'll be performing at The Beanery Internet Cafe in Aitkin this Friday night, so, catch her if you can!

I still have to figure out what other music will be featured tomorrow night....

NEXT week on Centerstage MN (Christmas Day) I'll rebroadcasting the hour long special with Sam Miltich about his CD "Just You, Just Me" with the Clearwater Hot Club featuring Dave Karr - great stuff!!!

On New Years day - I'll playing my favorite songs from MN in 08!!! Obviously, I think they're some catchy tunes. AND, I'll announcing my top Albums of the Year, MN Albums of the Year, MN Songs of the Year and Honorable Mentions (of the year...), so stay tuned!!!!

Rock on!
Doug

No comments: