Wednesday, May 5, 2010

¡Happy Cinco de Mayo!

The unlikely victory of the Mexican army over French forces on May 5th, 1862 started the tradition of celebrating Mexican heritage and pride. Joan "Tunes" Downham is ready to provide the bandas, marimbas, romantica and polka (even in Spanish, a polka is still 'polka' :p). "Most of the music I'm playing I actually picked up while in Mexico," Joan said in her shoes that were made in San Miguel de Allende. "I bought them for the box, which has a beautiful picture of the church." That's right, she basically bought a $40 box! Tune in and enjoy our Cinco De Mayo special with Joan on 91.7 KAXE.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow, I think I know what church she's referring to. Gorgeous cathedral modeled after a picture postcard from France. The back of the church looks nothing like the front, because of course the builder had no reference for the back on the postcard. San Miguel is a beautiful place. Happy Cinco de Mayo KAXE!