Thursday, December 9, 2010

Handbell Choir documentary by Jennifer Poenix

by Travis Ryder
Several KAXE staffers recently completed a training course on audio documentary storytelling.  We get to reap the benefits starting Thursday morning, December 9, in the 8 o'clock hour.  Member Services Manager Jennifer Poenix tells her story of involvement in a handbell choir.  

Says Jennifer, "When I tell people I ring hand bells, I usually get a questioning look in response. Since I was pretty comfortable with the subject, I chose to explore the topic when presented the opportunity to learn radio documentary. This turned out to be a little more personal than I thought it would be when I started. That’s alright though. I think my story really needed to be a part of it. I’m excited for others to hear it!"  

Tune in live, and find the audio archived on the Culturology page and at Ampers.

No comments: