Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sisters w/ Their Songs and Brothers w/ Their Beats

by Doug MacRostie

Tonight on Centerstage MN I'll be talking w/ Shannon Murray, a singer, songwriter and activist from Bemidji about the 2nd Annual SisterSong Concert: a Celebration of Women and Their Music (this Sat @ Wild Rose in Bemidji starting at 6:18). Shannon founded and organizes SisterSong, which is a fundraiser for scholarships of the same name for young women musicians. I asked Shannon to bring her guitar along with the hope that she'll play a song for us live in-studio :D

Also, new to the show tonight will be Take Cover, a pop-rock band out of the Twin Cities. Their bass player is Chad Snell, he graduated from Deer River High School in '00, and before moving down to the Cities was very active playing music in Duluth, Grand Rapids and various places around northern MN. In the spirit of full disclosure, Chad has been my best friend since kindergarten and I am pumped to be playing music from his band tonight. BUT, that's not why I am playing Take Cover - their music stands on its own. Oh, and here is a little sneak peak for you: I am planning to have Take Cover perform a live acoustic set in-studio coming up in June (when they'll be having a CD release party at the Ground Floor in GR, muahahahha).

Another new band to the show will be My My Misfire out of Minneapolis - while well produced and with actual singing, I still call it hardcare thanks to the loud guitars, badass drums and occasional SCREAM!!!!! :D They'll be at the Elks Club in Bemidji Sat night.

Also Clawthroat, Podipto and the Gypsy Prophets...in fact, you can read more about my plans for the show tonight in my Previous Blog :)

Centerstage MN is every Thursday evening at 6p - streaming live online at http://www.kaxe.org, or 91.7fm Grand Rapids, 89.9 Brainerd and 105.3 Bemidji. CSMN is also rebroadcast Sundays at 6a, and all interviews are archived at KAXE.org.

No comments: