Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Listen Or I'll Claw You in the Throat!!!

by Doug MacRostie

Thursday night at 6 on KAXE I'll be talking with Joseph Downing of Clawthroat on Centerstage MN. Clawthroat is a new bread of folk-rock, and I'll talk with Joseph about their new EP "Know Yr Roots." From Grand Rapids, I had Joseph on last year when Clawthroat was on their way to perform at the Winnipeg Folk Festival, and this time he'll be bringing his guitar along and will hopefully debut a new song live on Centerstage MN!!!

Also, I'll be playing Hotel Coral Essex and Ol' Yeller - both bands have members that formed The Tisdales; Tony Derrek was writer, guitarist and singer with HCS and Rich Mattson was a founding member of Ol' Yeller, as well as guitarist, singer and songwriter of The Glenrustles. They will be my guest next week on Centerstage MN to talk about their debut release as The Tisdales called "Bakers Dozen" - an outstanding rock album!

Also, I'll play another song from Dylan's new CD "Together Through Life," and don't forget that it's Dylan Days this weekend!

Centerstage MN is Thursday evening's at 6, streaming live online at www.KAXE.org; or 91.7 Grand Rapids, 89.9 Brainerd and 105.3 Bemidji. All interviews are archived at www.KAXE.org and the show is rebroadcast Sunday mornings at 6.

No comments: