Thursday, February 5, 2009

The MN Music Rolls On

by Doug MacRostie

Featured tonight at 6 on Centerstage Minnesota (on 91.7 KAXE, streaming online at www.kaxe.org) I'll be featuring Jake Dilley and the Color Pharmacy and Preemptive Strike.

Jake Dilley's CD is called "Le Ballon Rouge" (the Red Balloon) and its a well crafted audio journey somewhere - I'm not sure WHERE yet, but I really enjoy it! I'll start off the show tonight with a set of music from it, and I'm thinking about having Jake on for an On Air Album Listening Session - more details on that in the near future.

Preemptive Strike are a hard rock band out of Floodwood. I'll talk with them about how the band started, why they went from covers to originals and how it feels to finally finish their debut CD "1st Shot."

I'll also be adding a new feature tonight - MN Music News; I've got announcements about both Trampled by Turtles and Charlie Parr (important stuff...you better tune in to find out!).

Other featured songs will be:
Uncle Shurley - an experimental rock group out of Bemidji
Swing Dogs - an american rock group out of Virginia, recorded at Sparta Sound
Wookiefoot - You've got to be the change you want to see in the world...
Kritical Kontact - 3 MCs and a DJ out of Duluth
The Gyspy Prophets - Form the Iron Range, also recorded at Sparta Sound
John Wilber & Timmy Haus - acoustic roots from McGregor, now out of St. Cloud

Next week my guests will be Lisa Kane and Thea Ennen - both well respected MN musicians (remember Thea and the Algorhythms?) . I am looking forward to talking with them (will definitely be a different perspective than the interview happening tonight, hehehe).

Tune in an enjoy on 91.7fm in Grand Rapids, 89.9 in Brainerd and 105.3 in Bemidji, or streaming live online at www.kaxe.org.

Thanks for reading along, and as always ROCK ON!
Doug

Read more of Doug's blogs at www.myspace.com/macedelic

No comments: