Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strictly Numbers - Non-Adults

by Maddi Frick


I’m a college student who barely had enough money to pay for her books. I watched my bank account dwindle to a measly $20 during a 2-month paycheck dry spell. I don’t exactly have the wherewithal to give a radio station $1,000 a year, although I’d like to. But just because I don’t have that much money doesn’t mean I can’t give anything. The “No Nonsense” level of $5 a month can fit into a college or high school student’s budget. You can also give smaller amounts; $2 a month, $1 a month. I give $5 a year to WBEZ in Chicago because they create my favorite radio show. It’s not a lot, but I’m glad that I get to show my appreciation and help keep the show on the air at the same time. Think about it, you don’t have to be an “adult” to help out your favorite radio station.

No comments: