Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sexy Sex on the Radio

by Heidi Holtan

So it's become something of a running joke around here. Me and this book, "The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex" by Daily Show writers Kristin Schaal and Rich Blomquist. I did the interview quite some time ago. Okay fine, the blackberries were ripe, that's how long ago. I was nervous to talk about this book, which is hilariously funny but quite honestly, pretty dirty. I mean, it's public radio. There are laws about such things.

I taped the interview and Kristen and Rich were great. Me? Kind of a dope. Nervous. Giggly. Making jokes. Seriously, what is my problem?

So, finally, after stewing and wondering where and when to run this interview, I decided that I needed to get some courage. Showcase a book that I wouldn't normally feature on the KAXE airwaves. Even on the rebroadcast of Realgoodwords at 9am on Sunday.

Along with the "The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex" the show turned into a really interesting one - featuring the independent book publisher Chronicle Books. I talk with Brian McCullen from McSweeney's about "Art of McSweeney's" as well as Lesley M. M. Blume about "Let's Bring Back". Oh, and that sex book. Did I mention that?

Enjoy!

No comments: